Navigation Bar

Home              About Me              Contact

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Stability Balls in the Classroom

Stability Balls - Have any of you used them in the classroom?  They are supposed to be great for ADHD students and kinesthetic learners, but from what I've read, they improve overall attention and behavior for almost every student.  I'm just curious to hear first-hand reviews.  One teacher at my school has enough stability balls for half of her class.  (A relative is doing research and funded the balls for her.)  I know they're expensive.  If I decide to go this route, I will have to write a Donors Choose to try to get it funded.  Does anyone have suggestions for grants other than Donors Choose?


Oh!  I haven't mentioned, my Donors Choose project for the Chromebooks was fully funded within one week of being posted!  How exciting!!  I won't receive the Chromebooks until school starts in August, but it's going to be a great asset! 
post signature

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on having your Donors Choose project funded! How exciting! I have had positive and negative experiences with the stability balls...so I guess it just kinda depends on the student!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Leslie,

    I haven't personally used the stability balls, but I also, have heard that they are GREAT for improving the attention of students. To me they seem like they would be a distraction, but research shows otherwise! Good luck on getting your grant approved if you decide to go that route! I am your newest follower and would love if you could stop over to my blog to follow me as well! :)

    -Allison
    Adventures In Room 204
    http://adventuresinroom204.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wonder if they'd be a distraction, too. My biggest worry, I think, is that they would make my room look cluttered. I'm too OCD for major clutter! :)

      Leslie

      Delete
  3. What size did you order? 65 cm or 55 cm?

    ReplyDelete

Thank for reading my blog! I would love to read your comments! :) I apologize for the word verification images that are so hard to read. You wouldn't believe the amount of SPAM I receive daily without the word verification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...