Navigation Bar

Home              About Me              Contact

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Guided Reading: Jan Richardson

The guided reading guru, Jan Richardson (author of The Next Step in Guided Reading), will be back at our school tomorrow.  Normally she is here for several days, but this time, it's just going to be one day.  From what I understand, we are going to be observing model lessons.  I'm not sure if it will be a guided reading lesson or a whole group lesson.  It should be informative.  It always feels like a whirlwind takes over our school when she's visiting, but we always learn a lot.

Anywho, I rarely reach my breaking point, but yesterday pushed me there.  After school, we had a meeting about the new NC grading program that has so many kinks it's ridiculous (but thankfully the date of interim reports was pushed back), had to get our grade-level planning done, had OPEN HOUSE, we had to show a video at open house and my computer went stupid 10 minutes before it started, I didn't get a break to have dinner, and then I had one parent show up on time (4 showed up the whole night).  I was just done.  This week is packed with TOO MUCH!!  So to make myself feel better, I ate fatty food.  I can't even afford McDonald's this month, but I collected enough pennies in my car to pay.

Here's to hoping the week gets better...
post signature

5 comments:

  1. It'll be ok, Ms. R! We survived :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Ms. P, it was touch and go for a while, but we did survive! ;)

      Delete
  2. Hi- I found your blog recently and am enjoying it! I teach fifth grade in NC, too, and sometimes this job gets a little too ridiculous. Hopefully things calm down soon for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! After last week, it can only get better!! :) Where abouts in NC?

      Leslie

      Delete

Thank for reading my blog! I would love to read your comments! :) I apologize for the word verification images that are so hard to read. You wouldn't believe the amount of SPAM I receive daily without the word verification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...