Navigation Bar

Home              About Me              Contact

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Ecosystems: Terrariums

After teaching math and reading first thing this morning, we spent the rest of the day talking about terrestrial and aquatic ecosystems and building terrariums!  The kids had a great time.  It stressed me out a little. :)  We followed the TASC Kit lesson in building the terrariums, and I tried to read as many of the articles as possible.  We had to rush, so I'm afraid the building day wasn't as educational as it should have been, but we were able to get some good discussions worked in... especially while the crickets were going to sleep in the refrigerator.  I'm am excited to say that we didn't have any animal casualties (other than the floater fish.  For whatever reason, we had a TON of fish die this year!!)  We are going to spend the next week or two making observations in our science journals.  Funny story: I don't do bugs... at all!  When it came time to add the crickets, I told myself, "You can do this!"  As soon as I took the paper towel out of the container, I felt the anxiety start to rise in my chest.  Mind you, all of the kids were surrounding me and SO CLOSE!!  I kept on going, but as soon as I saw an antenna move, I dropped it and said, "Ehhhhhh!  I can't do it, I can't!!"  The kids laughed at me and collected the crickets for my terrarium for me.  Great kids!  We have about a week of ecosystems left and only 10 school days until SPRING BREAK!!!  Hallelujah!

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  I'm driving up to my brother's outside Fredericksburg, tomorrow, and spending Saturday in DC!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for reading my blog! I would love to read your comments! :) I apologize for the word verification images that are so hard to read. You wouldn't believe the amount of SPAM I receive daily without the word verification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...