Navigation Bar

Home              About Me              Contact

Sunday, February 3, 2013

52 Week Money Challenge {Currently}

Have you all seen the pin on Pinterest about the 52 Week Money Challenge?  Basically, you start by putting $1 in on week one, $2 week two, $3 week three, and so on.  I've decided to try it out; however, instead of using a Mason jar, I'm actually just going to make transfers into my savings account.  I NEVER have cash, so it will be more convenient to do it electronically.  Plus, I'm tempted to get a Coke from the vending machine when I have cash around.  Yesterday, I transferred $15 so I could catch up from the beginning of the year.  I'm curious - is anyone else trying this?  It will get really difficult toward the end of the year since I am single living on a teacher salary (in one of the lowest paid states).

On to other news, after the first week of our Spare Change Challenge, my class is in the lead... by a lot!  Our goal was to get $100 by the 100th day of school.  We have just under $94!  How awesome is that?!  Unless something crazy happens, it looks like I will soon have 21 pies thrown in my face! :)

I hope everyone has a great, calm week! :)

I realize I misspelled agreement. :)

7 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I am always loking for a painless way to save some $$$. I bank with Wells Fargo and everytime I use my debit card (which is usually multiple times a day!) they transfer $1 to my savings account. I never notice a difference in my checking and the $$$ really adds up. I am going to try the 52 week challenge too. :) Lattes and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bank of America has something similar, but they just round up to the next dollar. That was great for saving, but I'm not a fan of BOA, so I switched all of my accounts to Navy Federal a few years ago. They don't have anything like that, so it's really hard for me to save. Hopefully I can stick with this and it won't be too painful! :)

      Leslie

      Delete
  2. Just found you through currently!! Why would your class want to pie you in the face? Is that a reward you're giving them for doing something in class? I'm sure my kids would love it too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! We're having a "Spare Change Challenge" in 5th grade to replenish our field trip fund. The class that collects the most money gets to pie their teacher in the face (each student). Not only am I extremely competitive and LOVE to win, but I also really love Cool Whip! :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Leslie

      Delete
  3. That 52 week challenge sounds awesome! I completely understand the difficulties for living on a teacher's salary! The spare change challenge is a great idea! Great way to raise money!

    Ms. Cranfill's Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love competition between classes! It's always fun to see the kids get extremely excited about something!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the February Currently! I am your newest follower. I love finding other upper grade teachers on the blogosphere!
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete

Thank for reading my blog! I would love to read your comments! :) I apologize for the word verification images that are so hard to read. You wouldn't believe the amount of SPAM I receive daily without the word verification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...