Navigation Bar

Home              About Me              Contact

Thursday, January 31, 2013

February Bulletin Board

It has been a week!  I'm just going to leave it at that...  and add that I cannot wait until I walk out of the school tomorrow afternoon.  Gracious!

I wanted to share the bulletin board I put in the 3-5 hall today.  Every teacher has one month on a bulletin board somewhere in the school.  This is what I came up with:

I'm really not all hearts and flowers, but this bulletin board turned out pretty well!  I made the pennant banner using word.  It reads, "Sweet Books We Love!"  Cheesy, I know. :)  I had four students (one from each 5th grade class) write a "book talk" for a book they loved.  Left to right, Coraline (graphic novel), Don't Read this Book Whatever You Do!, How to Steal a Dog, and Charlotte's Web.  I made the "book talk" hearts in Word, and I used the poster printer to blow up/print them out.  I did the same for the covers of the books.  I just put all four books on one page and used the poster printer.  Obviously, I didn't cut out all of those hearts.  They were made with an Ellison Die.  Some of the students got a first glimpse at the board after tutoring was over and they seemed to like it.  

Tell me what you think!

Last year, I had October.  I was really bummed that I didn't get it again this year.  I thought I would share what I came up with last year in case someone needs ideas next October!



4 comments:

  1. I love both bulletin board ideas. At my school, all the teachers are responsible for the hallway bulletin board as well. I'm gonna have to ask you for ideas because I am terrible with bulletin boards! lol :-)

    MrsMc from Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sometimes, the creativity just hits me (not usually though)! :) I'd be willing to offer ideas any time!! I can't promise they'll be good ideas, though! :) Thanks again!

      Leslie

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, your ideas are good! (Don't listen to her, Mrs Mc!) They are ALways fantastic!! I was so excited when I got to see your finished BB online before seeing it in person because I have loved all of your boards! Wish you could do them all year. Or least do mine! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank for reading my blog! I would love to read your comments! :) I apologize for the word verification images that are so hard to read. You wouldn't believe the amount of SPAM I receive daily without the word verification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...