Navigation Bar

Home              About Me              Contact

Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Quietest Classroom Pencil Sharpener


Earlier in the week, I received notice that I would get to review "The Quietest Classroom Pencil Sharpener" from ClassroomFriendlySupplies.com.  Let me tell you, I jumped for joy!!  The other morning, I was going over procedures with my students, and when we got to sharpening pencils I said, "Hmm, let's skip this for now.  I have a big surprise!!"  The students were so excited!!  Thursday morning, a package was dropped off in my room right as we were starting our morning meeting.  I said, "Oh boy!!  Our surprise is here!"  The kids tried to guess what it was, and when I pulled out the beautiful, green pencil sharpener, you should have seen their little faces fall just a little.  I was SUPER excited, and soon, it rubbed off on them.  Instead of doing a morning meeting, I talked about the pencil sharpener.  We sharpened about 10 or 15 pencils... the students were amazed with how sharp the point gets!  I don't think I'm going to need to pull out the electric sharpener for myself (the students aren't allowed to use it) the rest of the year!  Friday, when I left school, I noticed that one (or some) of my students had sharpened all of the pencils in the "Sharpen Please" pencil can.  How sweet!!

My thoughts:  I think "The Quietest Classroom Pencil Sharpener" actually sharpens pencils better and faster than an electric pencil sharpener.  The point is amazing.  It is super easy to use right out of the box.  Once I demonstrated to the students how to slide out the metal piece, squeeze the black knobs, and put in the pencil, they were able to sharpen pencils with no troubles.  I haven't quite figured out how to keep the sharpener secured to a table with the "clamp"... it keeps coming loose, but that's not a huge deal.  I think the main problem with the sharpener is that my students have forgotten that they can't get up whenever they want to sharpen their pencils!!  I'm spreading the word to teachers at my school, and extending the invitation to them to come down to my room to test it out! :)

If you're considering this sharpener, don't wait any longer!  Order one now!!  You won't regret it!


PS. GO TIGERS!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for reading my blog! I would love to read your comments! :) I apologize for the word verification images that are so hard to read. You wouldn't believe the amount of SPAM I receive daily without the word verification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...