Navigation Bar

Home              About Me              Contact

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Here We Go Again

Now that I've wasted about 4 hours getting this blog set up how I like it, I thought I might as well make a post.  Hopefully, I'll update this blog regularly unlike my past blogs.  This blog will primarily revolve around the education world (specifically, elementary); however, I cannot guarantee that I won't throw in a random post... probably about food. :)  I'm going to end this post now, because I just realized that I'm starving.  It's 3:10 pm and I have only had a cup of coffee today.  I suppose it's needless to say I can get caught up in things pretty easily and forget to eat.  Until next time...

*Update*

Now that I have been fed, I can now, properly, continue my first blog post.  Let me tell you a little bit about me.  I have just completed my first year of teaching in a small town in North Carolina.  The area where I teach has a very low socioeconomic status.  This past year, we had 1 student in 5th grade who paid for his/her lunch.  I work at a challenging school, but I do know that I would have it any other way.  I love these kids.  Enough about the kids and more about me! :)  My first year consisted of me teaching reading to 5th graders...  ALL DAY!  It wasn't a glamorous first year, but I learned a TON!!  I'm thankful for the learning experience.

This past week, I signed my contract for the 2012-2013 school year.  I don't know what I will be teaching, but I was told that my principal is 99% sure I will be a classroom teacher.  There is a 5th grade position that I am, crossing my fingers and toes, hoping to get.   5th grade is where I'm most comfortable and happy.  I have an amazing team that I don't want to leave.  Who knows.... maybe I'll get lucky!

I have so many great ideas and I've started making tons of cool things!  I will begin sharing some of those things in the following entries.  Again, I hope I stay with 5th grade; otherwise, I'll have to rethink some of my great ideas!

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for reading my blog! I would love to read your comments! :) I apologize for the word verification images that are so hard to read. You wouldn't believe the amount of SPAM I receive daily without the word verification.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...